Monday, May 12, 2008

So today is another day down. One less to go. Every day I close in on the day I get to be home, the day I get to be back with Suzanna.

I got to talk to her today. She went out to see Max a patient she had at Sunny View who really touched her, his family and him have something very special. A very special bond of love. From everything she told me he is doing wonderful which is great to hear. She said he is going home soon. So we talked about heading out to his home out near Syracuse when he gets out to spend a weekend with his family and him. It was great to talk to Suzanna and hear what a wonderful mood she was in from the visit. So I really look forward to getting to know Max and his family with her because it means so much to her and I want to be a part of everything that is important to Suzanna.

We are currently in Mexico for a few days. We leave Thursday afternoon and its the home strecth from when we leave it is just 8 days until I get home. That has me so excited. I cant wait to be home but more than anything I cant wait to be back with Suzanna. I have never loved and missed anyone the way I do here. It is so hard to describe how I feel about her, no words can say enough. I just count my blessings that I have her in my life.

So I gave myself the option of not having a day off while here just so I can pass the time. I stayed on board today and worked. They tell me to take a day off so tomorrow I am going to get up early, go for a stroll and then come back and work, then on Wednesday I am back on board all day and night on duty and we leave Thursday. So by my calculation that is a lot of working and should pass the time. Then it is back out to sea one last time. One last time for the rest of my life as I never want to go through this again. It is almost over.

Everyday I look to the sky and am thankful that Suzanna is in my life. Everyday I am so happy that I have her. I love her so much and I just cant wait to get home. This has been a true test a very hard test, but through it all I know how much I love her.

No comments: