Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Key West

So while living in Key West having the time of my life is the least I could say about it. I had started a whole new life. An interesting life, well not so much interesting but different. How many people at 21 were living in Key West in their life.

My life had turned into something different while living there. Different in the fact that I started all over with new friends and unfamiliar places, well some what familiar since I had been visiting a few times a year since I was 12. But different in the aspect that 2 weeks after my arrival I would not be leaving this time.

So here I am 21 naive and inexperienced in life. A college drop out who ran away from commitment because I was scared. So I did the most drastic of all. Changed my entire life. Left friends, girlfriend and family. Granted I had some family there but not the amount I had back in New York. The first few months there were spent like the first few months any person spends after moving to a new place. Pretty alone and a lot of time with my father, catching up on the last 14 years of our lives that had been lost. During this time it gave me a chance to really think about myself and my life to kind of maybe point it in some direction. What a good laugh that was while I was in Key West I lost all direction.

So I spent a couple of days a week helping out my dad however I could at the restaurant and couple more days a week working part time at the local skate park. When I was not doing that I was out on the boat fishing, swimming or in my friend Josh's back yard fishing smoking weed and drinking. It was real easy to get distracted down there. The paradise of living on a tropical island but still in the U.S. was very surreal.

This whole story eventually becomes very repetitious. Its a small island with limited things to do. So day to day I worked, partied and went fishing and really that was all there was too it. Not much more than that.

Now that this bland part of the saga of my life is out there I am going to call it a day and get back to some school work that has some very much needed attention

No comments: