Friday, April 9, 2010

Well, took a trip this past week to KC, it was a place I never had thought I would venture too, but as usual work led me there. I had to go to Ft. Leaven Worth for some training for work. I got to admit though the Army has some nice installations...As for KC, I found nothing interesting about it.

Books I have read lately that I suggest to people are My Lobotomy, it is a memoir of a man who had you guessed it a lobotomy in the late 50's, Blink which is about snap judgment decisions and the ways they affect our lives. I promise you this is a solid read and I now think Malcolm Gladwell is a genius. Then there is Too Fat to Fish, the autobiography of Artie Lang, if you havent you must, this mans life was, is and has been insane. He is the modern day Belushi. For anyone into medical things, Hot Lights, Cold Steel is a great one I finished yesterday, it is about a Surgeons trip through residency at the Mayo clinic.

I just picked up The Working Poor which is about the people who work to get buy, about how one financial inconvenience will alter the course of their lives. Its about the burger flippers, the cart pushers and the car washers. I am really looking forward to this, also I grabbed Autobiography of a Recovering Skinhead the Frank Meeink Story. This is supposed to be a real good one.

Just some suggestions for the readers left out there in the world.




No comments: