Wednesday, April 2, 2008

You have officially been recalled to active duty

Not the email you want to read early in the morning, but I got to this past Monday.

Its not for an extremely long time. But it still sucks. An unwanted interruption of my life. I have to withdraw from school, take a leave of absence but most importantly leave my girlfriend behind for 130 days. Not my idea of an awesome summer at all.

I will be spending my summer out to sea someplace in the south pacific ocean doing some bullshit waste of time work that no one really wants to be doing.

But it could be worse I could have been called up for a year and sent places other than the ocean. Just up rooting my life sucks.

So I am sitting here with a bottle of wine I didnt even bother grabbing a glass to pour it into just drink it straight out of the bottle. But I have this wine and the Yankees game on thinking about how I would much rather spend my summer nights doing this and sitting here with my girlfriend who I have to leave to fend for her self in our home all alone. The best I can do is leave her with my love and money to make sure she has a roof over her head.

This is just going to turn into a drunken rambling of me talking about leaving my love and going away when I dont want to, so I will just stop right where I am......

Cheers

No comments: